Happy 2016, everyone! I thought I’d share the news that book #4 in my Regency romance Disgraced Lords series, A WHISPER OF DESIRE, released 1 December 2015. It’s getting some lovely reviews including a 4.5 star review from RT Book Reviews (thank you everyone), so I thought I’d share with you five secrets about A WHISPER OF DESIRE….
To set the scene here is the blurb:
Sensual heat melts the ice in the new Disgraced Lords novel from USA Today bestselling author Bronwen Evans, as a marriage of convenience leads to delightful pleasure—and mortal danger.
Lady Marisa Hawkstone’s nightmare is just beginning when she wakes up naked, with no memory of the night before, lying next to Maitland Spencer, the Duke of Lyttleton—a man so aloof and rational he’s nicknamed “the Cold Duke.” A scandal ensues, in which Marisa’s beloved beau deserts her. As a compromised woman, Marisa agrees to marry Maitland. But on her wedding night, Marisa discovers the one place the duke shows emotion: in the bedroom, where the man positively scorches the sheets.
Taught from a young age to take duty seriously, Maitland cannot understand his new wife’s demands on his love and affection. Marisa’s hot-blooded spirit, however, does have its attractions—especially at night. In retrospect, it seems quite silly that he didn’t marry sooner. But being one of the Libertine Scholars requires constant vigilance, even more so when the enemy with a grudge against his closest friends targets Marisa. Now Maitland must save the woman who sets his heart aflame—or die trying.
So, here are 5 secrets, and I’m trying not to give away any plot spoilers..
- Marisa is my first heroine ‘rake’. By that I mean she loves sex. Once Maitland has made love to her, she finds she is exactly like her brother, Sebastian Hawkestone (book #2 A Promise of More), a renown rake. She enjoys the act of making love, but only with Maitland. Unfortunately for her, Maitland has his reasons for not wishing to oblige her.
- Maitland had a very abusive upbringing. Hence his lack of enthusiasm in the bedchamber. Can you guess what it may have involved?
- Marisa and her brother, Sebastian, have a conversation that would make any brother very uncomfortable, and so far my readers have deemed it their favorite scene in the book.
- Maitland loved another woman once, her name is Priscilla, and she is his widowed step-mother. When Priscilla comes to stay, does she become a threat to Marisa and Maitland’s marriage?
- Marisa is badly wounded and has to have surgery because….. you’ll have to read the book to find out .
If you haven’t read the first three books in the series, there is a boxed set available with saves you about $2 across the three books. Disgraced Lords Bundle. $6.99.
“She constantly reminds us what passion is all about…”
– RT Book Reviews 4.5 Stars Dec 2015
Tell me what your favorite scene is in the book you’re reading and why, and win a copy of Dukes to the Left of Me, Princes to the Right by Kieran Kramar in book or eBook! Closes January 17th. Open Internationally but the eBook would be from Amazon.com. Leave a comment here, on my blog or on my facebook page.
Read. Feel. Fall in Love.