You can all breathe a sigh of relief as I’m not really into New Year’s resolutions. I do try to set myself goals for the year, but they tend to be less specific.
I did meet a friend for drinks last night, who sets herself monthly ‘resolutions’ or as I call them goals. For example, January was no alcohol for the month. February was no new clothes for the month, March was to exercise everyday etc.
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized my goals or ‘resolutions’ have changed in focus. When you’re young you want different things, perhaps to lose weight to get into that dress you saw in the shop. When your older it’s usually lose weight for health reasons.
My goals this year?
- To remember that life is short and that each day is precious.
- Not to take people for granted and to stay in contact with friends and family better.
- To remember that we are what we eat and drink.
- To be nice to everyone (you never know what’s going on in others lives).
- To enjoy what I am doing or don’t bother doing it.
- To continue my love of telling stories.
- And finally, to be happy.
That last one is really important. I can only make myself happy, no one can do that for me. I own it and I intend to ensure 2015 is a happy year whatever it brings.
I would really love to see peace in the world too, but I know that’s probably a pipe dream! I want to say thank you to all of the men and women from around the world, who risk their lives on a daily basis to keep us safe. You may not know it, but I always think of the sacrifices you make, such as being away from family. Thank you!
Lastly, I hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve, and that 2015 fulfills some, if not all of your dreams.
To start off your New Year’s reading list, I thought I’d share a fabulous value Historical Romance Boxed Set that I’m in CAPTIVATED BY HIS KISS – Seven stories for 99c
There is also a contest running to win a $100 gift card.
Take care and be happy