I thought I’d share a little backstory on Maitland Spencer, the Duke of Lyttleton, the hero in my latest Regency romance, A WHISPER OF DESIRE.
He’s one of my favorite heroes for many reason, mainly because of his big heart and his driving need to live a good, honorable life.
1. His favorite food is scones with clotted cream and homemade jam. It reminds him of when he was a young boy and his mother was still alive. His father was happy during this time, and had yet to turn into the monster he became.
2. He prefers whiskey to brandy, only because he lost a few good friends in the war with Napoleon and feels guilty enjoying French brandy. He’d rather stick to Scottish whiskey.
3. He reads every night (you’ll find out why in the book) and has been known to read some Gothic romantic novels, and enjoyed them, not that he’d admit it.
4. He has two half sisters who he loves dearly and would do anything for. He longs for children of his own.
5. He thinks he has his life under control and that everything can be kept rational and logical. It takes Marisa, my heroine, to make him understand that life is far more fun when you’re spontaneous.
I hope you fall in love with Maitland as I did. If you want to know more about him, read the book, or ask him a question here. He’ll pop buy and answer them.