USA Today Bestselling author, Bronwen Evans (Bron), loves story-telling – gobbling up movies, reading books and attending the theater. Her head is always filled with characters and stories, particularly lovers in angst. Is it any wonder she’s a proud romance writer.
Bronwen attended Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand earning a bachelor’s degree in Commerce and Administration, majoring in Marketing and Accounting. She was all set on building herself a business career (which she did along the way).
But life never turns out exactly as one thinks. After working for a few years in marketing roles within New Zealand financial institutions, she left for a 6 month overseas experience in London, England. She loved England. She spent several years living in London, using it as a base to be able to work and travel from. She visited all four corners of the world. Her most interesting trips were a camel safari in the Sahara, a trip through Russia, a safari through Africa with her mother, and three months in the Mediterranean.
It was while living and working in London she discovered the offices of Mills & Boon and the germ of an idea to embark on a romance writing career was born.
Almost eight years later, on her return to New Zealand, encouraged by a close friend battling a life-threatening illness, Bronwen finally started down the path to publication by joining RWA, The Beau Monde, RWAustralia, and RWNZ.
Bronwen’s first manuscript, INVITATION TO RUIN, was completed late 2009, and was sold to Kensington Publishing early 2010, in a two book deal. Her debut novel, INVITATION TO RUIN, received a 4.5 star rating from RT Book Reviews and was nominated in the RT Reviewer’s Choice Awards – Best First Historical. Invitation to Ruin was also won the RomCon Readers Crown Best Historical 2012.
Bron’s since gone on to win the RomCon Readers Crown three times. Her first book in her Disgraced Lords series hit the USA Today bestsellers list and she has hit it several times since.
She lives in New Zealand in sunny Hawkes Bay with her two Cavoodles named Brandy and Duke.
Fun Facts about Bron
- Favorite movie: I have loads but I guess in romance it would be Australia and Someone Like You. I’m a huge fan of Hugh Jackman,
- Favorite book: Whitney My Love, Judith McNaught
- First thing she does after finishing a book: Read a new romance without feeling guilty.
- Person she’d want with her if stranded on a deserted island: Bear Grylls – hunky and handy
- Biggest pet peeve: People who are intolerant – there is enough hate in this world
- Biggest confusion right now: How to get the best use out of her iPhone (you need a degree to use it)
- Favorite part about University: The friends she made whom she is still in contact with
- Farthest she’s traveled from New Zealand: She’s been almost everywhere – Bron lived in London, England for almost eight years and traveled extensively. From Russia to Africa, to Mediterranean, to Europe, to North America….
- Most famous person she’s met: Tom Selleck in Hawaii, William Defoe in NY, rock band Europe in Turks and Caicos, Def Leopard on a flight to Canada, Michael J Fox in a restaurant in Wellington, Peter Jackson at a Harry Potter movie with his daughter (sat next to him)
- Jobs/Careers since University: Sales Rep, Marketing Manager, Financial Analyst, Chief Executive Officer, Director and Author…
Sign up for Bron’s Bookclub News – once a month she’ll update you on what she’s writing, reading and any special deals or great books from other authors.